Wednesday, June 23, 2010

the good. the bad. the random. (On My Own in Charlotte, June 2010)

The Good.
We had a house showing last week {the first one in 1.5 months}.
The Bad.
They have not come back for a second showing.
The Random. 

Thanks to a storm back in March, we are getting our roof and siding replaced. Friday we get to look at samples and decide on colors. I am so excited.

The Good.
My sister and her husband and daughter are moving to Nashville this weekend - that means they will be CLOSER to me :)
The Bad.
My Brother-in-Law needs to find a job. So does my brother for that matter. Both in counseling. Both looking in the Nashville area.
The Random. 

My Sister-in-Law quit her job as a school counselor and moved to Boston this past Friday to fulfill her dreams.

The Good.
Daniel said I should fulfill my dream of having being a guide for an outdoor company by becoming a white water rafting guide on the Ocoee River.
The Bad. 

I think it is a requirement that you smoke pot to become a river rat. Plus I am still in Charlotte and summer will be over before we know it...
The Random.

I am the 158th person to request the book, Little Bee, from the public library in Charlotte. How ridiculous is that. It had better be a good book.

The Good.
My parents are heading to Canada next week {after they help move my sister's family to Nashville}. We will be driving up for the week of July 4th. I can't wait. I think it has been over 4 years since we have gone up for a visit :(
The Bad.
My grandpa finally received his pathology report. Cancer has indeed spread to his lymph nodes. He will be starting a weekly round of chemo soon. It is to last 6 months. I am glad we are going to Canada, I hope that we are able to have a good visit with him even though he will be experiencing chemo.
The Random.

I went to Ru Sans for sushi tonight with a friend. I tried their Gone With The Wind - it was superb. It was nice to have some girl time and the opportunity to eat sushi {especially since Daniel refuses}. He will give in to PF Changs, but is not crazy about Asian food. ESPECIALLY sushi. Once when we had an unexpected layover in Japan for a day, he ate ICE CREAM the entire time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...