Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hot. Hot. Hot.

Yesterday afternoon the air conditioner went out at work {unfortunately it only seemed to effect the creative department}. It was an uncomfortable end to the work day.

This morning, I arrived at work to find that we still had no AC. It was 80 outside at 9AM and 85 inside and it became increasingly unbearable as the day progressed. Since I am on a tight deadline to get the August issue of my magazine wrapped up and uploaded tomorrow, I was stuck at work.

The editor of the magazine brought me a Dyson fan {that he borrowed from the CEO of our company}. I don't think I could have survived the day without a fan. 

By the afternoon, the PR and web departments were starting to feel the effects of the heat. We turned off all of the lights on our end of the building to try to help us stay cool - it didn't really help.

One of the web guys was complaining to me in the kitchen about how hot it was in his dept. I told him he should walk through creative. He did. Then he took back his comment about being hot.

Thankfully proofs are out the door and I was able to leave a little after 5PM - which is good since I was feeling light headed. I am heading in early in the morning to wrap up final changes and do file prep for the upload. I will be so thankful when this issue is wrapped up. I will be even more thankful to have the air conditioner fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...