Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Project 52: Date Nights - Good News

I don't know if we had a quantifiable "date" this weekend. It was mostly low-key, in the sense that we basically chilled at home. Watching movies on both Friday and Saturday nights. Saturday we were surprised by a showing request for our house, so we took our dog to the greenway for a 2-mile walk. We had experienced almost two months of zero showings, so this one took us by surprise.

We were even more surprised when they called Sunday morning to see if they could come back at 10:30. I enthusiastically said YES and instead of going to church, we readied our house for showing #2 and then took Sophie to the greenway AGAIN.

We left a note addressing a couple of questions the buyer had after the Saturday showing. We were delighted to come home and see that they had written us a note back. The note said they would be in touch that afternoon. We didn't want to get our hopes up too much, but they did write that they would contact us. We suppressed our excitement and went to the Original Pancake House for our traditional goodbye meal.

All through our meal of a shared omelet and pancakes, we danced around the subject, prefacing sentences with, "If we were to get an offer..." It was hard not to be a little excited. But it was also 3:30 and still no news. We kissed in the parking lot and Daniel left. I drove to Harris Teeter to pick up a movie because I didn't feel like doing anything else.

I pulled into a parking spot and my phone rang. It was our realtor. We had an offer. It was all I could do to keep from crying. She gave me all of the info and I immediately called Daniel and told him to come back. We met at the house to review the offer. We called our realtor and agreed on a counter offer. Daniel left at 5PM. We were both in serious shock. I don't think either of us really slept Sunday night...

We went from no prospects to having to make big decisions ASAP {the buyer had requested that we decide by 9PM that nigh}t! So our date weekend was low key with a very unexpected twist. We are ecstatic and making plans for the next phase of life.

Step 1:
Do what it takes to close on our house by July 26
Step 2:
Take a trip to Canada next week to visit family
Step 3: Move into an RV on July 30
Step 4: Go from there
Step 5: Keep squeezing in our date nights :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...