Friday, July 16, 2010

Bittersweet.


Today was my last day at work. It is always a little sad to leave a place that you know so well. Walking through the doors of 520 Elliot Street has had a certain measure of comfort to it that I will miss. The brick walls. The wooden floors. The leaky roof. I love all of it.

Things have changed a lot in the last two-and-a-half years... the creative department went from a team of ten to a team of three. There has been an ebb and flow that happens in every company {especially in a recession}. But through it all I have grown tremendously. The good and the bad have been a part of molding me into who I am today and I am thankful for that.

I have been able to take a magazine and make it my own. I have had the opportunity to be a part of a television show. And most importantly, I have made good friends and have found wonderful mentors who have encouraged to pursue my personal dreams and to value my professional worth.

Thank you all. I will miss you.

Around the office. 
Photos from enventys.com

4 comments:

  1. Aw, so sweet! This happened to me too, when I retired onto a long-term disability pension back in March of 2000. My bosses & friends from ServiceMASTER of Lambton County (Sarnia) were so good to me. I have kept in touch with them over the years, so I pray that you do the same with your mentors & friends from Enventys!
    - Bernice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice when you work with people that you enjoy being around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! last day came and gone. I remember when you first started there and how much you loved that job and the setting, and hope you find something like that again soon! good luck packing up -wish I could help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ang! We are crazy busy. Trying to pack all the stuff for the camper. Can;t wait til this part is over :)

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...