Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cell Phones, Driver's License Renewal and Power of Attorney.

Is it possible that my cell phone service has gotten worse since Daniel moved to Chattanooga four months ago? Maybe I just notice now that he is gone.

It has been ridiculously frustrating to try to have conversations when half of the time it sounds like this:
"Can you hear me now?"
"How about now?"
"Hello."
"Are you there?"
"What about now?"
Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

We actually had a conversation earlier where I was able to hear every bit of his order at the drive through of Chick-Fil-A, but as soon as he started talking to me again, it cut out!

Our patience on the cell phone issue is seriously wearing thin. Thank goodness we will be together soon.

I received a notice in the mail today saying my driver's license expires this year. I guess that makes it a good time to move...

Daniel set up power of attorney for me today so that he can skip out on the official closing of the house. Not sure how things are actually going to pan out with that. 

We have work scheduled for everyday next week... porch repairs scheduled for Monday, roof replacement scheduled for Tuesday, window replacement on Wednesday, siding on Thursday/Friday. Movers will be here Wednesday/Thursday. And then an appraiser is supposed to come by Friday to approve everything.

After all of this work is done, we are still going to be waiting for a final check from the insurance company for the roof/siding work. Daniel is working out the details of how we can sell a house that we still owe money on repairs for. 

In addition, it is supposed to rain EVERY DAY next week. Please pray for sunshine so this stuff can get finished. I really need to be with my husband and not stuck in Charlotte in an empty house.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you! Fingers crossed for lots of sunshine and a quick move!

    Thanks for the comment, your link is up.
    Hugs,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz! It has been an arduous road. If all goes according to plan, our house in Charlotte, NC closes on the 26 and I will be in Chattanooga, TN before I can blink an eye.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...