Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pop Quiz


Is this a 4-lug tire or a 5-lug tire?

If you said 4 lugs, you are smarter than the guy working at Harbor Freight. 

Daniel is traveling to Nashville today with a loaded trailer of things that the moving company cannot move. As he was packing up, he realized he didn't have a spare tire for the trailer. He called around to see what stores were open and if they had the tire on hand.

Harbor Freight seemed to be our best bet. So I went to get the tire. Before I left the store, I opened the box to make sure it had 5 lugs. Unfortunately the worker could not count and they only had 4-lug versions on hand. So score 1 for a wasted trip out for me.

Once the trailer was fully loaded, we tested all of the trailer lights and realized that the battery on the Subaru was dead. This meant I ran to AutoZone for a battery {I also picked up an alternator just in case}. Then I ran to Northern Tools where I was able to get a 5-lug tire {evidently their staff can actually count to 5}.

It's been a heck of a day, followed by a heck of a week. 

Other things to be stressed about: our insurance company sent us a check for our roof/siding repair. They made the check out to me, Daniel and a mortgage company that we have never heard of before.... arrrgggghhhh!!!

There are a lot of other things to be stressed about right now. If you believe in prayer, please pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...