Monday, July 19, 2010

We own a lot of stuff...

Of course Daniel and I procrastinated sorting our stuff for camper living. It was just too easy to put off. Not that we were doing fun things, but camper sorting seemed to be last on our minds.

Sunday, virtually out of time, we woke up at 7 a.m. and {after eating breakfast} began our sorting process. We had a list to work from, but it was easier to go room by room and gather items we thought we would need. We are tentatively planning on being prepared to live in the camper for 3-5 months. This will cover multiple seasons which makes it more pertinent to make sure we have everything we need. It also helps to know that we can store stuff with family {if needed}.

Halfway through our sorting process, we had the thought that it would be nice to take all of our backpacking and mountain biking gear. We are excited to have time for this stuff again, but we have a LOT of gear. I think 1/3 of the stuff we packed was outdoor gear.

It took us until 5 p.m. to sort, pack and load the Subaru and trailer. Unfortunately this meant Daniel had a late drive home. But that was his last trip to Charlotte. I get to deal with the rest of the moving. Thank goodness we have movers for the rest of our stuff.

We packed up our pantry yesterday and now I am finding that I don't have basic things like cereal for breakfast or sugar for coffee or dishwasher detergent to run my dishwasher!!!

Kitchen stuff that we packed for our camper kitchen.

Camping gear to be packed.

Loading the trailer - we packed eight large moving boxes and filled the Subaru with stuff.

Good thing that we wrapped the boxes in two tarps... 
Daniel drove through some serious rain on the way to Chattanooga.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I've got to say that you did a fairly good job! Double tarping! Great idea! Yes, it seems that once you've packed & sent everything off that you realize there was something missing!
    Best wishes! I pray that the rest goes well!
    -Bernice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bernice! I hope it all fits in our camper :)

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...