Saturday, August 07, 2010

the good. the bad. the random. (Camper Living: First Week, August 2010)

The Good.
We have survived our first week at the camper.
The Bad.
When it storms and there are 60mph winds, it is scarier than if you are in a house. Daniel says if there are ever tornado warnings, we can go hide in the caverns that are a part of Raccoon Mountain.
The Random.
There are a lot of stray cats at the campground. Sophie thinks it is her job to chase them. The cats are not fond of this. I am not fond of chasing Sophie. 

The Good.
My brother-in-law landed a job in Nashville.
The Bad.
My brother is still job hunting, but he actually has an interview on Monday with the same company that hired our brother-in-law.
The Random.
I am considering some alternate options for jobs: opening a bakery {or at least finding one to work at}, opening our dream bed-and-breakfast {huge commitment}, becoming a tattoo artist {there appears to be more of a need for these than for graphic artists}. 

The Good.
My Grandpa is starting chemo treatments for his cancer.
The Bad.
My brother told me that the month of July was the most stressful and anxiety-ridden month of his life. For a variety of reasons {some the same, some different}, I can echo my brother's sentiments {as can many in my family}.
The Random.
Daniel and I are picking up our bikes this weekend - I can't wait to start hitting the mountain biking trails in the Chattanooga area {this will be a great way to relieve stress}. 
First up: Raccoon Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...