Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Project 52 Date Nights: Downtown Nashville

We went to Nashville for the weekend to take care of some maintenance on our car {Daniel is currently using his dad's garage until we have our own} and to help his dad pick out new mattresses and to visit with family.

Saturday night we met up with my sister, her husband, our niece {Izzy} and my brother in order to take a look at their new house in Hermitage {they close on Oct 8}. After viewing the house, we decided to go downtown to grab dinner. We were all able to find free parking downtown {kuddos to my brother for knowing where to park}. We originally planned on The Old Spaghetti Factory, but decided that waiting on a table wasn't a good fit for a toddler. 

Instead we went to The Pita Pit where we secured a table next to the window and enjoyed watching people as they walked by. After Izzy finished eating, she decided to crawl up onto a counter that was in the window behind us. She sat on the counter and watched people. It was really funny to see people's reactions as they passed us. They would be deep in conversation and all of a sudden notice that a baby was sitting in the window and their faces would light up. 

The best part was when two big, burly guys walked by. Their expressions were priceless. It is amazing how much joy a smiley happy baby can bring. 

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing what a pretty little baby can do to people. I can't wait to see the video. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babies do make people smile. Sounds like a fun date.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...