Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Being Alone

A couple of my friends recently posted this video on Facebook and I wanted to share it.
 

I think everyone is afraid of being alone. I think this comes in different forms. If you are single, you may feel lonely, but loneliness can also have its grip on those of us who are happily married. If you are unemployed, or work for yourself, or move to a new place, you can feel the tug of loneliness. You can feel alone when by yourself and sometimes you are alone when surrounded by a sea of people.

There are times that it is good to be alone. To put aside all of the things that distract. To get lost in a book. Or a long walk. Or to enjoy a cup of coffee or a meal. ALONE. When we can find ways to be happy by ourselves, then we don't have to worry about the times when the reasons for our loneliness are beyond our control.

If you're happy in your head, 
then solitude is blessed and alone is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...