Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Mistaken Journal

I keep a notebook where I write down passages that stick out to me from the books I read. I suppose that this notebook looks like a journal because tonight Daniel told me that he had noticed my open notebook on the counter and started reading the "entry" while he ate breakfast this morning.

He was initially worried because it read as follows:
There's only one thing I worry about and that's getting lonely... loneliness will creep up on anybody at any time. You go on doin what you been doin all your life, one day to another, and then the next thing you know, there's nobody around... And even though you love to cook more than anything, you stop turnin on the stove. And you don't want to put on clothes because you ain't goin nowhere...
Once he read it all the way through, he realized it was from a book {The Sweet By and By} and not my personal writing. His confession made me chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...