Sunday, December 05, 2010

Only in Rural Alabama

This morning after church we stopped at the local Ruby Tuesday for lunch. While I sipped my coffee, we discussed the pros and cons of the basement apartment we are about to start building. I absentmindedly glanced out the window and almost spit out my coffee when I noticed a rooster wandering around the parking lot. A rooster!!! I was so surprised that it took a minute to gather my thoughts and point out the farmyard animal to Daniel.


Incidentally, the only other place we have noticed chickens wandering around {in a developed place} was on a week-long camping trip in Oahu, Hawaii...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...