Sunday, February 13, 2011

52 Books: Book 8, Part II

Below are my answers for Part II of the book Ape House, for the online book club Book Beginnings and BookEndings

This was a difficult section for me. I found the storyline of what was happening with the apes to be very disturbing. Also, the glimpse into the horrific practices of companies that were using apes for "scientific testing" made me want to put the book down for good, but I stuck it out.

Question/Answers for Chapters 13-25 
{I am used to reading one book per week, so I ended up finishing the book this week. I will keep my answers specific to this section as to not give anything away} 

Would you watch or be tempted to watch a show like Ape House?
I strongly dislike reality TV and avoid watching it at all costs. I find documentary-type shows to be interesting and informative. I might {initially} be tempted to watch a TV show about great apes, but in general I was turned off this type of a show.
Do you think John did the right thing by quitting his job and moving to L.A.?
Definitely. John hated his job and being so far from his wife was having an adverse affect on their marriage.
We haven't seen a whole lot of Isabel in this section, but what do you think of Peter now that we know more about him?
The more I read, the more I felt like Peter was a complete creep. Isabel was right to cut him out of her life.
Can John turn the ape story for the tabloid into something he is proud of? Is he getting a little bit of redemption by being assigned to his dream story again even if it is for a tabloid?
I don't know if a tabloid can be something he would be proud of, but redemption seems to be on the horizon.
Have your thoughts on John and Amanda's marriage changed since last week? Where do you see their marriage headed?
Their relationship is hard to gauge. They seem to fluctuate between seeming to be okay and seeming to be on the brink of disaster.
What do you think will end up happening to the apes?
Isabel has to get them back, any other ending would be disappointing.


1 comment:

  1. I agree with your last answer. Isabel has to get them back or there wouldn't really be a book.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...