Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Mr. Coffeemaker Espresso Maker: A Review


Since we live about an hour from a decent coffee shop, I requested a Mr. Coffee Espresso Maker for Christmas and Daniel's Grandmother got one for me.

I have only used the espresso setting once. The coffee wasn't strong enough. I think this was more my fault than the machines... I really need to buy a coffee grinder so that my grounds are finer.

It took me a little while to get used to the steamer function, but now that I know how to use it, I have enjoyed making myself a daily latte.

One negative is that this machine does not come with the stainless steel milk frothing pitcher. Initially I was just making do with my stainless steal cup from our milkshake maker. This was problematic because it was too deep for the amount of milk I needed to froth.


This past weekend on a trip to IKEA, I snapped up the MÅTTLIG milk-frothing jug and it has made all of the difference. 

Here is my recipe for my daily latte:
  • Brew 6 oz of strong coffee.
  • Pour 1/2 cup of 1% milk and 1 tbsp of fat free vanilla Coffeemate into your milk-frothing jug and froth until very hot.
  • Pour coffee into your favorite coffee mug and then add your frothed milk and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...