Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Menu Recap

Last week's meals were as follows:


Monday Dinner: Tomato Florentine Soup with fresh Bread {Recipe adapted from Good Life Eats}. This was a great recipe. Unfortunately my camera setting was messed up so some of this week's pics are kind of crappy. Daniel gave it 4.42/5 stars.
 
 
For dessert I made these Outrageous Oreo Chocolate Brownies {Recipe adapted from Erin's Food Files}. Daniel gave it 4.7/5 stars. I was a little disappointed that the Oreo flavor wasn't stronger.


Tuesday Dinner: Stuffed Bell Peppers {Recipe courtesy of my friend Laura}. Daniel gave this 4.5/5 stars which is high considering it was a vegetarian dish.
 
Wednesday Dinner: Daniel and I went running {getting in some last minute training for my upcoming half marathon}. Afterward we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Buena Vistas, and split the Mex Tex Fajitas.
 
 
Thursday Dinner: Blackened Chicken with Rice and Sauteed Zucchini {Recipe courtesy of my mom}. This is a family favorite and one of the first meals I made for Daniel when we were dating. Daniel gave it 4.75/5 stars. 
 
Friday Dinner: We met up with Daniel's family at Cheddars in Smyrna, TN. I had the Smokehouse Burger and Daniel had Salmon. It was a great visit with family.
 
Saturday Lunch: We spent the rest of Easter weekend at my sister's place in Hermitage, TN. My parents came up from Arkansas and my brother dropped by as well. My brother-in-law made us Grilled BBQ Chicken and Corn on the Cob. My sister made a Strawberry and Almond Salad. Scrumptious.


Saturday DinnerSome of my extended family came over to my sister and brother-in-laws for Pizza and Games. I made a Meat Pizza and two Supreme Pizzas. My brother made an Alfredo Pizza. And my aunt provided a Veggie tray.
 
Sunday Lunch: My B-I-L made a Potroast with Carrots and Mashed Potatoes and Gravy {my sister is a lucky woman}. 
 
Sunday Dinner: We picked up a pizza from Papa John's after we made it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...