Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fatigue

I went into this whole "having a baby thing" pretty blind. For me, that was probably a good thing. My sister has told me some stuff over the years {she knows a lot from being a labor and delivery nurse and also from having a baby of her own}, but for the most part she and other friends of mine have kept their experiences about having babies to themselves. I think they didn't want to scare me off.

Anyway, as I stated before I have had a pretty easy pregnancy so far. However I was not at all prepared for the fatigue that hit me a couple weeks in. It was weird that I could run 10 miles on a training run for the half marathon but then later that same day, climbing the stairs or loading the washing machine would leave me winded. It was very bizarre.

I questioned my doctor about this and she told me that it was normal and that I could keep running as long as I felt fine {I have never become winded while running}.

Over the last few months it has been a chore to get much of anything done and then yesterday, it was like I got my second wind. I went and worked out AND then went grocery shopping AND ran other errands in town AND worked on freelance projects AND did the laundry AND the dishes AND cooked a meal that required effort and I didn't feel the need to lie down. I didn't feel like I was going to pass out or lose my breath. It was AMAZING.

Sometimes Sophie is too lazy to hold her head up and she just rests
her chin on whatever is closest to her... some days I feel like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...