Monday, June 13, 2011

Bundys


Saturday morning we woke up and decided to go out for breakfast. Our initial plan was to go to Frankie's Kitchen – which had mixed reviews. When we drove by, Daniel's dad was a bit put off by the exterior {it was a dive for sure}. So we went with Plan B and drove to Bundys which had a sign advertising "Flowers, Coffee and Breakfast."


We totally judged a book by its cover and picked a frou-frou place over the dive. I would have been happy eating pancakes at Frankies, but the coffee shop offered outdoor seating so I gave in.


Bundys was a bit on the expensive side for breakfast. The food was good, but not exactly what I was looking for. Daniel had biscuits and gravy while I had the Toasted Bacon and Egg and Cheese Croissant and a Mocha. Daniel's dad opted for the Eggs Bundy and a side of Bread Pudding to share. My favorite part was the outdoor dining and that people brought their dogs to breakfast. For a coffee shop, their coffee was just okay. I need to confess that I LOVE a good home-cooked, southern-style breakfast, so in the future I might push a little harder for the dive...

Bundys on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...