Friday, July 08, 2011

Blacksmith Bistro and Grill


After a day of errands {including finding out the sex of our baby}, Daniel and I decided to grab dinner before we went our separate ways for the weekend.

We decided on the Blacksmith Bistro and Grill in St. Elmo. We have been wanting to go here for a while, but never managed to get around to it.

Thankfully it wasn't too busy when we arrived. The hostess told us to go to the bar and order. The bar tender proceeded to tell us all of the drink specials – after which Daniel told me that I must not look that pregnant to be getting the scoop on drinks. 

Daniel decided on a grilled Salmon Burger topped with a Fried Green Tomato and a side of Onion Rings. It boggles my mind that Daniel HATES tomatoes but for some reason really likes fried green tomatoes... I decided on the 'Shroom Burger, topped with Hickory Smoked Bacon and a side of Fries.

Daniel's salmon burger was good, but he said the fried green tomato could have been better. The onion rings were delish {we split them}. My 'shroom burger was to die for. The bacon melted in my mouth and the mushrooms were out of this world. On the other hand, my fries were cold. The prices were a bit steep, but the food was decent and our server kept our water glasses full.

If it had been just a little cooler, we would have enjoyed sitting outside. Instead, we sat inside enjoying the AC and contemplated the news about our baby's gender and started the name discussion... we have some good contenders and I don't think it will be too painful to come to an agreement.

Overall we enjoyed our Blacksmith Bistro experience.

Blacksmith Bistro & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...