Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sharing the Pregnancy Experience


This weekend I had the privilege of attending one of my closest friend's baby showers...

Kristalynne and I have been friends for almost two decades {wow} and we are both expecting our first babies this fall {one month apart}. It has been such a joy to be able to keep up with her via the internet and I am looking forward to learning {alongside Kristalynne} how to be a parent.

I spent Saturday morning running errands before meeting up with Kristalynne for lunch and a pedicure session. Kristalynne's mom and mimi were there, so it was extra nice to catch up with them as well. 

During our pedicure, we discussed all things pregnancy related. Kristalynne is 4 weeks ahead of me and has decided not to find out her baby's sex. The guy doing my pedicure asked me if I was having a boy. Surprised that he guessed right, I said "yes." Then he looked at Kristalynne and asked if she was having a girl. She laughed and said that she didn't know. It will be interesting to find out if the pedicure guy was right or not.
 
Today was Kristalynne's shower and I enjoyed visiting with everyone. One of these days I am going to have to face registering for our baby so that I can join the shower circuit ;)

I had a wonderful weekend, but I am glad to be home with Daniel and Sophie again. Sophie was beside herself when I got home – which made me feel loved {Daniel missed me too}.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...