Friday, July 15, 2011

Sweet Tooth

I don't know if it is pregnancy or the fact that it is summer, but I have seriously been craving sweets. Especially recipes that utilize fresh fruit. Over the past several weeks I have been incorporating homemade desserts into our weekly menu and I haven't been disappointed. They may not be great for our waistlines, but they sure are yummy.

Blackberry Cobbler
Daniel gave it 4.86/5 stars
We ate it with Vanilla Frozen Yogurt and it was delish.
Recipe from Pioneer Woman {via Three Many Cooks}

Peach Cobbler with Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
Daniel gave it 4.96/5 stars
I loved this and think it was even better as leftovers.
Recipe from Pink Parsley

Homemade Strawberry Gelato
 Daniel gave it 4.63/5 stars
Excellent use of my ice cream maker. 
Would be great with any kind of berry.
Recipe adapted from Apple A Day
 
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Daniel gave it 4.45/5 stars
Unfortunately a lot of the pineapple juice was lost when I flipped it. 
I also think I needed to cook it a bit longer. 
It was good, but could have been better.
Recipes from the Pioneer Woman
Red, White and Blueberry Trifle
Daniel gave it 4.91/5 stars
I was going to use this recipe from Gina's Skinny Recipes
Sadly my internet was down, so I winged it.
White chocolate pudding layered with berries, angel food cake and cool whip = yummmm.
This dish was excellent for breakfast as well as dessert.
 
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies with Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
Daniel gave it 4.95/5 stars
So this was a non-fruit recipe, but sometimes you just crave chocolate. 
The cookies were ginormous. 
The first batch was really running... I think the batter needed to sit first. 
Overall, definitely excellent cookies.
Recipe adapted from Nutmeg Nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...