Thursday, August 04, 2011

What's For Dinner?

Last week I didn't cook much... we were still finishing off the casseroles that I had made for Daniel so that he wouldn't starve while I was out of town.

Towards the end of the week Daniel started complaining about being tired of eating the same thing over and over again. This was a comical remark considering that years ago when we were first married, he would beg me to cook normal, plain dishes like spaghetti with sauce from a jar. It seems that he has gotten used to eating new things on a regular basis and was ready for me to start cooking again.

So this week I have gotten back on track. I made Vegetable Lasagna, Fajita Burgers with Parmesan Corn-on-the Cob and Steak Sandwiches with a side of Sweet Potato Fries. Daniel is happy and I am happy to be back in the kitchen.

In other cooking-related news... I had a major flop with a recipe for Peach Crumble that I tried last night. TOTAL.FAILURE. First of all, the peaches were white peaches and not very flavorful. Secondly the dessert tasted more like oatmeal than dessert. I was SO DISAPPOINTED. I don't repeat many recipes, but the Peach Cobbler recipe from Pink Parsley is so ridiculously good I may never try another type of peach cobbler again.

Flank Steak on Texas Toast with Chimichurri and a side of Sweet Potato Fries
Daniel gave it 4.88/5 stars. Recipe from Food52.

 Fajita Burger with Parmesan Corn-on-the Cob
Daniel gave it 4.82/5 stars. Recipe from GoodLifeEats.

Veggie Lasagna
Daniel gave it 4.72/5 stars. Recipe adapted from The Way The Cookie Crumbles.

Brown Butter Peach Crumble
Daniel didn't try it, but I was not a fan. Recipe from The Culinary Couple.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...