Sunday, January 08, 2012

Our Chunky Monkey


This morning Daniel and I were a bit late for church so we ended up in the "training room" – a special room for parents with infants and toddlers. It was nice to not have to worry if Jack got noisy {which he really didn't}.

Anyways, there was a couple sitting in front of us with a little girl. Both Daniel and I noticed how well this little munchkin was holding up her head. She was smaller than Jack so Daniel began to worry that Jack must be behind developmentally {Jack is 8 weeks and two days old}.

After church someone asked the couple how old their daughter was and they said, "Four months."

Well that made us feel better since Jack can still sometimes be a bit of a bobble head... but it also made us realize how huge our little guy is. Granted I think the little girl was probably small for her age, but Jack continues to grow like crazy. At his one month pediatrician's appointment he was already 10 lbs 11 oz. Today I weighed him and he is 12 lbs 6 oz! Crazy how big he is getting... no wonder by back hurts at the end of most days!

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad - Avery's not completely holding her head up on her own either. She does great for little bits of time, but she's not totally there yet. They'll both get there before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is about how Jack is. I think it was just shocking to see a baby who looked so small holding her head up. But knowing that she was 4 months old made us chuckle at our desire to compare Jack to her... this whole raising kids is not a race. We are enjoying it - as I know you guys are :)

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...