Thursday, February 02, 2012

I would walk 500 miles...


Remember that challenge I wrote about last month? The one where I said I would *attempt* to walk/run/hike/paddle/swim 500 miles this year? Yeah, well I am off to a rather slow start.

Miserable January weather. An infant at home. Living in the country with nowhere close by to run. A bad cold. All have conspired against me.

I still am going to work towards this goal, but right now, my YTD mileage is a piddly 4.5 miles. Sad. At least I managed to squeeze in a few Cardio Kickboxing and Zumba classes last month. Hopefully February will see me making better headway towards this goal of mine.

In other news, I am already down to my pre-baby weight. So at least I have that going for me.

As for the other goals... I haven't made any headway on them either. Some days I think I am doing good to take a shower and put real clothes on {especially this past week while Jack and I have been sick}.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you're right. The Emancipation of Robert Sadler is a very, very powerful book.

    You'll be surprised at how well things will go when you and your little one start walking in the warmer weather. The miles will just melt under you, and you'll probably make your goal despite a slow start.

    If you want to join a health and fitness accountability group, you're welcome to join Fit Mommy. It's up on Fridays, but join in whenever you want.

    Annie Kate
    http://anniekateshomeschoolreviews.com/category/fit-mommy-friday/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely check out Fit Mommy - thank you for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...