Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday Things (Random, February 2012)

Last Thursday I mentioned the things I wanted to be when I grew up...

Well, I may not have become a truck driver, but I have made many long distance road trips. I may not be a professional photographer, but I love to take pictures. And I may not have joined the Peace Corp or moved to China to teach ESL, but I have traveled the world AND taught at a community college.

I guess it is all about perspective. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel will often ask me ridiculous questions that involve numbers and I have an uncanny ability to almost always guess the right answer.

Perhaps this is why my second highest score on the ACT in high school was in Science Reasoning {my highest was in Math}. Then I went to college and studied Art. What's up with that?
---------------------------------------------------------------

I think striped sweaters on babies are incredibly adorable. So are striped socks. And onesies. I think I must have an affinity for stripes.

---------------------------------------------------------------


Daniel and I have been watching Top Gear (UK) on Netflix. 


We recently watched the episode where they have to drive out of the jungles of Bolivia, across the Andes to the Chilean coast


There were several moments that reminded me of Papua New Guinea. 


Daniel and I reminisced about our experience of being in a Landcruiser with Andy Scott back in January of 2005. 


As Andy drove us across a particular bridge near Drima, he was telling us that he had only fallen through that particular bridge once... when he was with my Grandpa... 20 years before. 


As he finished the story, the Landcruiser suddenly started falling. 


My heart was in my throat. 


Thank goodness in PNG they make bridges with 3 beams... the chassis of our vehicle was sitting on the middle beam. 


We all got out and with the help from men from the village and a winch (attached to a very small tree) the vehicle made it across. No harm. No foul.


Thanks Top Gear for the walk down memory lane!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...