Monday, March 05, 2012

Pancakes with Grammy


My niece is something else. She is almost three and pure joy to be around. When we were in Nashville for a family visit last week, I had the opportunity to help Izzy and my mom {Grammy} make pancakes.


Miss Izzy has reached the "I can do it" stage and insists on being in the middle of everything. She wanted to scoop out the flour and pour the flour into the bowl and stir.


We managed to compromise with Grammy scooping out the flour, Izzy dumping it in the bowl and me helping her to stir.


She actually did really well.


For some reason, while we were stirring together, I started making a sound like electric beaters {or a toy car} "Brrrrrrrrrrrr." I guess I am gearing up for making lots of noises when Jack gets bigger.


Of course Izzy is a little mimic so she made the "Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr" sound and thought it was hilarious. 


The pancakes were delicious – and there was minimal mess to clean up. So glad to get to spend some quality time with family. I can't wait until the boys {Jack and his cousin, Levi} are big enough to join in on the fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...