Sunday, March 04, 2012

Spaghetti Sauce, Used Three Ways

This past week I experimented with being creative with meals. I started out by making a homemade spaghetti sauce that we ate with whole wheat spaghetti and a side salad {original recipe was from A Recipe A Day}.


The next day I used the sauce to make sloppy joes.

Finally I used the sauce to make stuffed shells.

We also managed to get a couple of days worth of leftovers for lunches {I made a half recipe of the sauce and it provided us with 10 different servings}. This worked out beautifully as we didn't have to have true repeat meals and we saved money by not making completely new dishes each night.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favourite quick meals for leftover spaghetti sauce is pita pizzas. I pick up a pack of pitas for $1, slap the sauce on, and top it with veggies and cheese. Bake it for 10 minutes at 400F and you have one happy family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds yummy. Might have to try that next time.

      Delete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...