Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday Things (Random, March 2012)

My parents just came for a quick visit. They wanted to know when I started my process of never {rarely} cooking the same recipe twice. Hmmm. I guess it was whenever I started reading blogs on a regular basis {back before Pinterest}. I realized that the world is full of lots of amazing recipes and I didn't want to spend my life eating the same few dishes when there was so much to try. I am a little like that with traveling too. There are so many places in the world, why keep returning to the same place over and over? That's what I told them anyways.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It turns out that I have a difficult time multitasking when I am cooking. I get too distracted and do silly things like forget ingredients or leave something in the oven too long. I love to cook, but I think this is something best done alone {or with someone like my mom, who can keep me on track}.

-------------------------------------------------------------------


My brother always complains that all we do is sit around and hold babies {or visit} whenever we get together as a family. Well, in honor of my brother {who is not here}, my parents and I went to the lake for a picnic on the first day of spring. Then yesterday we went to Unclaimed Baggage to do a little shopping. We were going to go to Russell Caves National Monument today, but the weather and Jack getting his immunizations yesterday didn't really cooperate with that plan. There is always next time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I will never understand why UPS, FedEx or USPS will ring the doorbell and then run before you answer the door. I know it is to notify you that there is a package on your doorstep, but really it is like a child's prank that leaves my dog barking and my baby crying. Time to put up a sign.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate fruit flies. Apparently, tis the season. Any tips on getting rid of them? That work???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...