Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Surprise!

Last week Daniel informed me that he had a surprise for the whole family.



However he also told me that he was not going to divulge what the surprise was. I should just expect to be surprised sometime during the week.



So I waited. And waited. And waited. Then on Sunday I reminded him that it had been a week. Then I promptly forgot.



Monday evening I came home from picking up groceries and Daniel took me upstairs to show me his surprise.



He had set up a new 4-man tent {the Kelty Teton 4} that he bought so that we could go backpacking. It is big enough to fit all of us {he thought I would want to go backpacking sometime and our old 10-year-old, 2-man Northface tent probably wouldn't fit us anymore}. Plus it is light enough to carry into the backcountry. Extra bonus is that he paid less than half price for the new tent.



This was one of the best surprises ever!



Thank you Daniel!!! I can't wait to go backpacking as a family. I have missed our overnight excursions into the woods. Has it really been almost 2 years since our last backpacking trip?!? I believe our last trip was in February 2011, when we did an overnight in the Sipsey Wilderness Area in North Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...