Monday, June 24, 2013

De Ja Vu

It is hard to believe that 3 years, 3 months and 26 days ago, Daniel and I were saying goodbye in a parking lot with no clear view of what our future might hold. We just knew that Daniel had a good job and we would be living in two different states until we sold our house. It was horrible.

Last night, I helped Daniel pack his stuff for the week. So much has changed but it was eerily similar to that day 3 years ago. I hate goodbyes, so I am hoping this particular week is the only week we do this. No more indefinite months of living a part. That's not good for anyone.

This time is easier because I know we are creating a short-term game plan that will involve us being together soon. It is different because we are only 2 hours apart instead of 6 and we don't have a renovation to finish (we are hoping to get our house on the market in the next couple of weeks). It is odd because now I have a little toddler to take care of and I can't sit around moping when Jack has no idea that anything is different. 

I am thankful that we live closer to family and that I can pop over to visit them when I need to.

This time around it is the same, but different. I definitely have everyone on my mind that is affected by this transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...