Monday, January 27, 2014

Daddy Playdate


Once again Daniel managed to get his 60 hours in before Saturday which meant that he was actually home for the entire weekend. It was nice to see him for two whole days but those long days during the week sure are hard on all of us.


I have been fairly slammed with freelance projects this month and was needing some quiet time to put the finishing touches on some of my work, so Daniel graciously offered to take Jack to the Creative Discovery Museum on Saturday.


I knew Jack would have a blast because Saturday was wild west day and there would be a miniature cow and horse for him to see at the museum.


Thankfully Daniel snapped a few pics of Jack's fun at the museum. It would seem that Jack was most interested in the water table and the playground on this particular visit.


I have to say that one of the reasons I always take tons of pictures is 1) Daniel doesn't take many pictures (as evidenced by the fact that he didn't get a single picture of the miniature animals) and 2) Although he did ask a stranger to take a picture of him and Jack with a horse, the stranger DIDN'T GET THE HORSE IN THE PICTURE!!! Which is EXACTLY why I hate to ask strangers to take pictures for me. 


Evidently Jack was not a fan of sitting on the miniature horse. Or he was sad because he intuitively knew the stranger was cutting the horse's head out of the picture?


Anyways, you can tell I am the mom of a small toddler at home because while my boys were away (besides working on my freelance work), I enjoyed a long, hot, uninterrupted shower. I drank an entire cup of coffee before it got cold and I even did the laundry. I'm a little bummed that I missed seeing the miniature cow, but having several hours of quiet to myself were AMAZING.


That afternoon, while Jack slept (and I continued working), Daniel enjoyed some time to himself by taking Sophie on a hike/run down to Rainbow Lake. He can't get over the fact that I took Jack down there with our BOB stroller. I didn't think it was that crazy...


Have I mentioned that we are excited that there are numerous hiking and running trails close to our new house? Our inspection is Thursday and we are counting down the days until we can move in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...