Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cooking with Pinterest.6

Continuing with my weekly Pinterest recipes, here are the recipes I tried recently:

Crockpot Sante Fe Chicken served over rice via SkinnyTaste
We aren't big fans of cilantro, so I left that out. Also, instead of cayenne pepper I used chili powder (I thought it would have a little less kick for Jack). We all enjoyed this dish. Jack ate up the chicken, black beans and corn. He still isn't a fan of tomatoes though.
 
Parent Score 5/5 | Toddler Score 4/5

Chicken Spaghetti via Frugal Family Favorites


This dish was really creamy and delicious. If I made it again, I would use diced tomatoes (maybe fire roasted) in lieu of the rotel. This recipe makes a huge casserole – perfect for lots of leftovers or feeding a big crowd.

Parent Score 5/5 | Toddler Score 5/5

Gnocchi with Shrimp and Peas via Self.com


This recipe was the starting point, but I strayed pretty far. My end result only had peas and gnocchi as the consistent ingredients. Actually what I made was closer to the Kevin & Amanda recipe I tried awhile back. I used chicken instead of shrimp. Then I sauteed zuccchini and squash and onions, before creating a bechamel sauce using sharp cheddar cheese. It was really creamy, but not really anything like the recipe I pinned. I thought Jack would like the gnocchi, but he still isn't a huge fan. He just wanted to eat the chicken and peas.

Parent Score 5/5 | Toddler Score 3/5

1 comment:

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...