Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Jack's 3rd Birthday


I asked Jack what he wanted to do today for his birthday and he said "go to the Y, go to church and go to a big restaurant for a burrito." We managed to do 2 out of 3 of his requests, plus a couple of other activities.


We started the day out with pancakes, per his request. After watching TV, Jack was a trooper and let me take him to get his haircut. He was getting a bit shaggy and was on board with getting to sit in the fire truck at Pigtails and Crewcuts.


After the haircut, we headed to the Y for Zumbini class. We were a little late, but were surprised by the kids singing Happy Birthday to Jack. After Zumbini, Jack went to childcare to play while I did Boot Camp. Afterwards we enjoyed eating lunch with friends on the playground.


Here is a quick example of a difference between boys and girls: The girls were collecting ladybugs to show their moms. Jack (the only boy) brought me a ladybug and proudly said, "Look, I squished it!" The girls were not impressed by the squishing.


After the Y we picked up a corn dogs and a slush at Sonic. 


That night, per Jack's request, we went to our local Mexican restaurant, El Metate, for burritos. Jack was very specific in that he wanted to wear the blue hat (sombrero) after dinner.


I don't know that he was prepared for the whip cream in his face, but he was a trooper. Especially since he got to wear his special hat. Daniel and I enjoyed his sopapilla while he ate all of the whip cream. 

 

After dinner, Daniel took him to play at the playground across from our house. It was a special treat to get to play in the dark. 


I would say Jack had a successful day turning three. We plan to celebrate with some of our family this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Belated happy birthday Jack! After watching your images, I would say that Jack has spent successful day with his parents. God bless you dear! Well, I am also searching event rooms for rent for my daughter’s birthday party. Can you please help me and give best recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...