Monday, September 28, 2015

Me Time


Friday it rained and I was cooped up with the kids. Inside. All day long. 

Saturday was foggy with a light rain and I was itching to get out of the house. Daniel worked a long week at work, as usual, and had no desire to leave the house. So he told me to go do something by myself.


The things I wanted to do (hike, take a long bike ride, go to a local cave) are all things that are better with other people. But that was not to be.

Initially I felt like the only thing I could really go do by myself was go get our weekly groceries (not my idea of fun, though better when I do it alone).


So I gave all my boys kisses and headed down the mountain. I found myself headed for the NorthShore of Chattanooga to Milk & Honey for a latte. As I drove, I passed the entrance to Stringers Ridge and thought it might be nice to take a walk in the woods.

So, with latte in hand, I headed back to Stringers Ridge. I didn't have a lot of time since Isaac is on a 2-3 hour nursing schedule, but I had just enough time to wander up the Balderdash trail. A mile isn't very far, but it was time to myself. Time to be lost in my thoughts with no distractions. Time to savor my coffee.


I don't do that often enough. 

After my coffee was finished, I headed to the grocery store before heading home (chores still have to be done, right?).

I am so grateful that Daniel told me to go do my own thing. Especially in light of the fact that he was called into work on Sunday and I was back to full-time mom duty.

It was a good reminder that I am me, and More Than Just a Mom (post from January, 2013).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...