Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Start of Preschool 2015, 3s Class


Last year, as I walked Jack to his first day of preschool, I had a big lump in my throat. It would be our first time apart for any appreciable amount of time during the day. I held back tears as he made this first transition of many that will prepare him for adulthood. My little social boy didn't bat an eye as he marched into his class with new friends and new teachers.


This year was a little different. We barely had time for a photo as I herded my sweet boy out the door and quickly buckled him and his little brother into the car. On the drive to school, we talked about the importance of not having a potty accident at school, and then in a flurry, I dropped him with a new teacher and new friends. I don't even think he stopped to hug me goodbye.

What a difference a year makes.


A month later, we are in less of a hurry. I am learning from my more experienced mom friends and packing lunches the night before, while also making a more concerted effort to not be late every.single.day. Jack is also taking a moment to pause and give me a hug and kiss before he runs off. Each morning at drop off, he also tells me that he will miss me. I love my sweet boy who is growing up too fast!

Here is a little about Jack at the start of Preschool 2015, 3s Class: 
(questions asked after one month of school, because I'm behind)
My teachers this year are: Mrs. Lisa and Mrs. Melinda.
I am: 3.5 years old.
I am: 40 inches tall and weigh 37 pounds.
My best friend's name is: Drew [I would be remiss to not include Audrey, Anya, Sammy and Roan, but he specifically said Drew when I asked]
My favorite thing to play is: Everything
My favorite color is: Every Color
My favorite book is: Madeline
My favorite TV show is: Rescue Bots
My favorite food is: Pizza
When I grow up, I want to be: A Fire Fighter Man
Something I really like: Playing with Drew at school
Something I don't like: Eating Food
My favorite thing about myself is: My Legs
Something I want to do this year: Go to Pumpkin Patch, the Fire House, Preschool and the Beach House.
A Look Back: Start of Preschool 2014, 2s Class

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...