Saturday, September 26, 2015

Weekly Meal Plan

I share a lot of pictures of meals on Instagram and Facebook (love me or hate me), and the reason I do this is to share the fantastic recipes that I have come across for meals; and also to encourage my friends who aren't meal planners or don't feel motivated to cook.

I have always been an avid meal planner (thanks mom!), and I rarely cook the same thing twice, so there is a lot to share.

Now that the weather is cooling down, I am grilling less but we are still enjoying delicious food. I try to shop the perimeter of the grocery store as much as possible (always with a list in hand so that I don't forget things) and that means a lot of our meals include seasonal produce.

This is what I served recently.


Grilled Maple BBQ Chicken with Corn on the Cob and Cornbread
The cornbread was a flop (it tasted delicious, but wouldn't cook through the center for some reason)
[recipe via A Dash of Sanity and Whole and Heavenly Oven]


Tuscan Tortellini Soup, garnished with cheddar cheese and croutons
I took this meal to some friends – doubling the recipe was easy and it was really delicious, and made excellent leftovers.
[recipe via Damn Delicious]


Baked Spaghetti with Roasted Okra
Jack devoured this, he especially loved the okra, and it worked great as leftovers. Side note: I left out the cream cheese and sour cream and doubled the cheese instead.
[recipe via Damn Delicious]


Pancake Sausage Bites with Fruit
Sometimes you just need breakfast for dinner. Jack kept sneaking the cooked sausage before I could get it battered and fried! This is definitely a crowd pleaser, and would be perfect for a brunch.
[recipe via Real House Moms]

One-Pot Chicken, Quinoa, Mushrooms and Spinach
Another one Jack gobbled up, sans the spinach. He's three, the won't eat everything I give him, but he does at least try it all. Mostly.
[recipe via Cookin' Canuk]

For what it's worth, the days I don't post to IG/FB are the days we have a planned eat out, we are eating leftovers or we ordered pizza because I just didn't feel like cooking. No one has it together all of the time and I hope you don't come to think that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...