Monday, October 19, 2015

Isaac is Six Months Old


Half a year in, can we really be at the six-month mark already?



This littlest boy of ours, he just keeps growing, and getting sweeter with each passing day. I don't know why we waited so long to have babies (well I do, but both of our boys sometimes make me wish we had started sooner).


Like his big brother, Isaac is a little charmer. He grins at everyone and lights up every room. I went to a ladies night out at church recently and took Isaac with me. I think I held him for 5 minutes all night long. Every time I looked up, he was in a different woman's arms. I'm thankful that he is so easy going and willing to be loved on by anyone.


Reading back at my six month recap of Jack, it is crazy how similar these two guys are. The tongue sticking out, the grinning, the intentional desire to drink from a glass at this age, the sucking on the thumb. It's all killing me (in a good way).


Isaac has had a rough go the last week-and-a-half. We went on vacation to Florida for Jack's fall break and Isaac decided to cut two bottom teeth. This has left both him, and me, sleeping very little. I know we will be past this phase soon, but it is tough when you are in the midst of the seemingly endless sleepless nights.


Even with the teeth pain, he has been super sweet during the day. He hums a lot – I think the vibration of humming makes his mouth hurt less.


Isaac thinks his big brother is hilarious and Jack loves to ham it up for Isaac. It is so wonderful to see this new, silly side of Jack.


Isaac has only rolled over twice. Mostly he doesn't seem to care at all about this milestone and, honestly, I haven't been in a hurry for him to start moving. Can't he stay little forever?


He can sit up unassisted, and meal times are getting to be challenging if he is being held because he wants to grab everything in front of him. At restaurants this is lots of fun as I have to keep my food about 18-inches away from me.


Speaking of food, this guy is so ready. This is the week we plan to start introducing him to solid foods. Like Jack we will be following the Baby-Led Weaning process. Meaning we will not feed him with a spoon at all – he will be totally self sufficient, with us there to guide the process. I will write a follow up on that soon. 


This past month, we took Isaac on his first visit to a Pumpkin Farm and Apple Orchard...


he got to experience his first bike ride...


his first ride on our four-wheeler...


as well as a couple of hikes (Stringers Ridge and Prentice Cooper)... 


and his second trip to the beach.



This little guy is a joy to parent and we continue to be endlessly thankful for our rainbow baby. We feel so fortunate and blessed by our family.




End of month stats:

Height: 26 inches (50th percentile)

Weight: 22 pounds (100th percentile)

Clothes: Fills out size 12 month clothes and uses size 4 diapers [whenever we use disposable]

Foods: Plan to start introducing foods this week.

Words: Continues to babble a ton.

Movement: He is so big, he hasn't really moved much. Likes to bounce in his jumparoo and sits really well.

Teeth: Two bottom ones have broken through.


*As with Jack, I will be posting monthly updates of Isaac on a quilt (inherited from my Grandma), next to a yellow Tonka truck (a toy from Daniel's childhood). 
Isaac at One Month  |  Isaac at Two Months  |  Isaac at Three Months  |  Isaac at Four Months
  |  Isaac at Five Months


A Look Back:
Jack at One Month  |  Jack at Two Months  |  Jack at Three Months   |   Jack at Four Months
  |   Jack at Five Months   |   Jack at Six Months
(We used a quilt from Daniel's family for the Jack photos, along wit the Tonka truck from Daniel's childhood). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...