Monday, May 30, 2016

McCoy Farm Memorial Day Picnic


We had a busy Memorial Day weekend with a day hike in North Carolina on Saturday, a neighborhood BBQ on Sunday, and the second annual McCoy Farm Memorial Day picnic on Monday.


The picnic lasted from 11am-4pm and was free to the public, with the option to buy food from the Lion's Club and participate in a silent auction. 


We parked at the church across the street and were shuttled in a golf cart part of the way – we had our wagon with us, but the driver graciously let Daniel and I ride while pulling the wagon! The boys got a kick out of that.


At the event, we listened to live music, purchased hamburgers and pizza from the local Lion's Club, and let the boys play various games set up on the lawn. 


I think Jack's favorite things included getting his face painted, having his first taste of cotton candy, and checking out all of the fire engines.


The weather wasn't too hot yet and sitting the shade was a perfect way to spend the afternoon. Isaac was a little young to really play, but he had a blast with a couple of balloons that someone gave him.


We had a great time and look forward to more of these annual picnics. Next time we will make sure to meet up with friends, but it was fun as a family event too. 


The little green wagon that Isaac received for his first birthday is really coming in handy this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...