Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Summer 2016


We are a month into our summer vacation and for the most part we are keeping things low key. 


We are spending a significant amount of the time at the Y with friends, while also making an effort to do a fun weekly outing – typically involving getting wet.


We have gone to the lake and visited local pools, and Jack spends almost every evening at our neighborhood playground playing with friends before bedtime.


I am feeling less stressed out about water this summer, probably because Jack is more comfortable in the water and Isaac isn't that interested in it at the moment.


We spend a portion of every day playing at various parks, we have gone for ice cream with friends, and also spent time at the Creative Discovery Museum on days that are extra hot. 


Jack has also been attending his first day camp – and loving it.


I am so grateful to have friends who we are willing to do spontaneous outings or just hang out at the playground with us, even on hot days. 


I'm thankful for the extra hands when I do something dumb like put my baby in pull-up instead of a swim diaper (honest mistake), and the willingness to hold my baby (who is overly tired) so that his big brother can play longer.


I'm also thankful for my friend's kids who are willing to help my kids try new things like tackling a big water slide. 


Jack is getting more confidant in the water this year. We haven't had a chance to do swimming lessons again, but he is willing to stick his whole head under water and no longer minds getting splashed in the face.


Isaac on the other hand does not enjoy water in his face, but did relax enough to lay on his back in the pool while wearing a life jacket. 


We are having a great summer so far and I'm enjoying taking things slow and spending time with my kids – both in and out of the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...