Thursday, June 16, 2016

Throwback Thursday: The Water is Just Fine

This Throwback Thursday is brought to you from the summer of 2011 and a trip to the beach in Port Aransas, TX. I was pregnant with Jack at the time. The photos and captions recently showed up on my Facebook "on this day" posts. Ever since this moment at the beach, I have been making an effort to get in the water, regardless of how I feel about swimsuits. I'm getting in the water and enjoying time with my kiddos. No more sitting on the sidelines.

I wasn't going to get in...

but then I kept thinking about how my brother 
always gives me a hard time for never swimming any more.

And I noticed that very few women over the age of 25 were actually in the water...

and I decided that I didn't want to be one of those people that never 
get in the water just because they are "grown up."

Daniel ALWAYS gets in the water...

...and I am glad I did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...