Thursday, November 10, 2016

October Craziness

 

As a family living in a modern world, I make every attempt to keep our electronic calendar up to date. It's the best way to keep Daniel and I on the same page, especially as our lives get busier.


October was a extra busy month. At the beginning of the month Daniel texted me, pointing out that every weekend was booked and that if possible he wanted to keep our November free.


In October, there was a music festival with friends, the JumpPark with our church, a day hike at the Ocoee Whitewater Center, a visit to the Compassion Experience, a trip to Old Mcdonald's Farm to pick pumpkins, camping with family in Georgia, and finally birthday parties, a neighborhood party, a Friends and Family day at our church. And let's not forget Halloween trick-or-treating, or Saturday soccer games and weekly swim lessons!


The last weekend of the month was especially busy. On Saturday Jack had a soccer game in the morning, followed by a friend's birthday party at lunch.


At the party, the kids were picked up by a school bus and taken to the local gymnastics gym for an afternoon of play (a ride on the school bus is a perk of living in a small town). Jack was over the moon about his first bus ride.


Then Saturday evening we attended our neighborhood block party, and finally Sunday was a Friends and Family Day at our church.


The Friends and Family Day was jam packed full of fun things. There was a potluck for lunch, then we came back that evening for a petting zoo with pony rides (a first for Isaac), face painting, kickball for the big kids, a hay ride, a family devotional, and then we ended the night with an outdoor movie. It is one of my favorite events with our church family.


I wish I could say that November will be more relaxed, but we are already busy. Last weekend we celebrated my birthday and this weekend is Jack's 5th Birthday. How is our baby already turning five! And before we know it Thanksgiving will be here.


Even though this is an incredibly busy season of life (and I know if will get busier as our kids get older), I am grateful for the times we are spending together. I hope we are instilling kindness in our children and that they are learning to treat every person they encounter with love and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...