Friday, December 16, 2016

14th Anniversary


I have been sharing a lot online for going on 10 years now. TEN YEARS! That's a little crazy, if I'm being honest. 


And perhaps I have shared too much, and maybe I haven't painted an exact picture of real life, but rather the happiest version of real life because that is what I want to remember.


But overall I'm so thankful that I have shared. I've done it for my parents and grandparents who live far away from me, but mostly I have done it for me and Daniel and our little family. 


And when I look back at these snippets – the instagram photos, the blog posts, the stuff on Facebook (thank you On This Day moments) – it reminds me that the good parts in life are really good. 


And when I'm having a hard day, or month, or year, I can look back and remember that good times are always there, sprinkled in among the mundane and harder moments.


Fourteen years ago, Daniel and I married on a cold Monday evening, surrounded by family and friends. What followed has been years of ups and downs. 


There have been exhilarating moments, trying moments, moments of sadness and also moments of great joy. We have seen each other at our best and worst. We have hung on through good times and bad, in sickness and in health, for richer and poorer. 


When my days are feeling rocky, I only have to glance back at these collections of memories and remember that the good times are worth more than anything I could ask for. 


Daniel Moore: I'm so glad we chose each other and that we share this life together, on the good days and the bad. I love you forever.
 

A Look Back on the blog:
Five Years  |  Six Years  |  Skipped Seven Year Post  |  Eight Years  |  Nine Years  |  Ten Years  |  Eleven Years  |  Twelve Years
  | Thirteen Years

2 comments:

  1. you are a reflection of
    the strenghth of 2 gtodly people who have put it together for all of us to celebrate with you

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...