Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Mainx24 Fireman Breakfast and Parade


This is our third year to hit up the Mainx24 event, starting with the Fireman's Breakfast and Parade. This year the weather was cold but not freezing and no rain. It was also the 10th year for the event to be held and the streets were packed!


We made plans to meet friends at the Fireman's Breakfast and it was crazy. We could barely find a seat and then had to wait 15 minutes to be served. I'm glad the money is going to a good cause, I hope they figure out a better way to serve their pancakes in the future!


After eating pancakes, Jack and Daniel toured the firehouse while I saved us a spot on the street for the parade. We enjoyed running into lots of friends and then watching the parade.


Jack and his friends were pumped about all of the candy they collected and Isaac was generally mesmerized by everything that was going on. He did NOT want to sit in his stroller.


Many of the usual suspects appeared in the parade this year – including marching bands, the BookMobile (my favorite), decked out VW camping vans, and the Mutt Strutt.


And this year we were even privy to a wedding that occurred on a parade float! This is such a fun event. If you haven't been before, you need to put it on your to-do list for next year!


After the parade ended, we checked the schedule to see what else was happening. We made our way to do an ornament craft with the local Roller Derby Girls.


And then we walked down to Velo Coffee Roasters to watch people sumo wrestle each other.


The kids thought this was hilarious. Too bad they don't have little sumo wrestling!


We had such a fun morning. We can't wait to do it all again next year! I love our little traditions and the month of December is packed with fun stuff.

Mainx24 Years Past: 20152014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...