Tuesday, May 08, 2007

scatter brained or just an idiot?

In the last 10 days, I have completely forgotten about 3 different, important events. I am not sure if my scatter-brainedness is just getting worse or if I am just a complete idiot.

A week ago Saturday, I was supposed to attend an event, Uptown, called All Fired Up. I had 2 free passes to go because I had created the invitations for the event. It was a pottery demonstration/live music/free meal/fun event that I completely forgot about and we ended up missing. Besides that fact that it would have been fun and it was free (tickets were $50/each), I missed an opportunity to network...


Then this past week, Daniel called me up on Thursday wanting to know if he could plan something for the weekend. Without really thinking, I said SURE. We were almost to Hilton Head when it dawned on me that we were supposed to attend a party on Saturday afternoon hosted by my mentor from church!!! So I called her and apologized for having to skip.


Third times a charm... we got home on Sunday and all of a sudden it occurred to me that I am on a committee at church that was meeting Sunday morning during second service. Not only is it bad that I missed without informing anyone, it is worse b/c I am a co-leader on said committee. I called and apologized and am meeting the 2 guys on my team tonight for dinner to discuss what we should have discussed Sunday!


Maybe I need to invest in a crackberry...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...