Saturday, June 27, 2009

Six Week Challenge: Day 25

Workout(s):
6:45 AM: We got up early Friday to walk Sophie at the Greenway. We got in the car, rolled down the windows so Soph could hang her head out, and started down the driveway. When the car started moving, there was a terrible noise, so Daniel stopped and got out to investigate. Turned out that we had a seriously flat tire on the front passenger side of the car. So we got back out of the car (which confused and probably disappointed Sophie) and I walk her in the neighborhood while Daniel changed the car tire. We walked about a mile. Afterward the three of us got in the hammock together and enjoyed the cool morning before the day got started.

5:30 PM:
Last night's workout was the toughest yet. We rotated through 5 different 5-minute stations, twice. I started at the plyometrics station. We did a series of jumps on and off of the Workout 180 platform. Second station was cardio. This was an obstacle course that included doing the inch-worm the length of the room. For me, this did more to wear out my arms than it did to give me a cardio workout. Following this was core exercises. Then on to resistance and finally balance. I enjoyed the workout, but man it was tough.

Meals For Today:

Breakfast: Bowl of Cereal with Milk and Iced Coffee with Fat-Free Vanilla CoffeeMate
Snack: Watermelon
Lunch: I had to run a work errand during lunch, so I grabbed a Chicken-Strip Salad from Chick-Fil-A while I was out. No croutons. No cheese. And maybe a teaspoon of ranch dressing. Glass of water.
Snack: Pita Chips, a Banana and String Cheese
Dinner: A couple of slices of pizza from Wolfman chased down with a couple of glasses of water.
Total Water: 96 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count: 1639

So last week Anna challenged me to go 10 days eating cheat-free. Also eliminating as much fat from my diet as possible. I am all for doing this. Unfortunately, coming off of a trip with no time to plan meals or grocery shop made this week a poor week to start the challenge. Overall, I did pretty well. But starting today, for the next 10 days, I am going to take this challenge seriously and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...