Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Does this mean I'm a Slacker?

I find it interesting (enlightening maybe) that my work work is not something I go out of my way to put extra hours in to. Granted I work late and come in early when I have to meet deadlines, but that is about it. In this regard, I suppose I am a bit of a slacker. See 52 Books in 52 Weeks Doing Nothing post.

On the other hand, if I am working on a home renovation project, or trying out a new recipe or I get a freelance project, I find myself working like crazy to get this type of work accomplished. In this sense, I am far from being a slacker.

Case in point: 
Monday I worked all day at my day job (as a graphic designer for a product development firm). Then came home, made a pot of gumbo and proceeded to paint my newly dry-walled laundry room until 10 pm.

Yesterday I came home from work and received a message from a friend regarding a freelance project that she needed help with asap. I proceeded to work until 2 am to get that project done. This is definitely not a slacker attitude... A negative side effect of staying up until 2 am is that I was in no shape to get up and run with my dog this morning. We both suffered from that :(

Where do you find yourself slacking and what things drive you to work hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...