Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Project 52 Date Nights - Cavalia

This week we decided to spend some money and go to see Cavalia. The frugal side of us opted to eat in since we were spending so much money on show tickets.
Note to self, do NOT cook a new "diet" meal that you have never tried cooking before on a DATE NIGHT. Daniel didn't complain, but the chicken spinach wraps were way too bland for my taste. I am a good cook, so this was a bit of a disappointment.
The show was fun. Cavalia is a spin off of Cirque du Soleil with its roots in Quebec, Canada. As Daniel commented, "This isn't your Shelbyville horse show." 

It was truly amazing what they were able to do with horses and acrobats. There are 62 horses, 28 of which are stallions and the rest are geldings. The horses were great performers, though they do have a mind of their own. When they didn't want to do the tricks, it was comical to watch them ignore their trainers.

There were so many things we loved about the show, below you can watch a little clip from a documentary that gives a great overview of what the show was like. It was like a circus, but for adults. It definitely gave me a feeling of childlike wonder.


The tickets were really expensive {and we purchased the second cheapest seats}. It was fun to go to, but I don't know that we would spend that much money again on a show. Kind of like when we ate dinner at the Skylon Tower {revolving restaurant} at Niagara Falls when we were first dating. It was a fun experience, but we would never do it again {we were cheap on this date too, and did the early bird special and ended up sharing a table with a retired couple from Texas. We were {by far} the youngest couple in the restaurant.

4 comments:

  1. looks pretty amazing actually. I think doing extravagent, different dates is a great idea! I like D's comment. Robert would have thought the same thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe. i love that you guys got the early bird special. what a cool show to see. thanks for sharing!
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for reading! i have enjoyed reading about everyone's dates each week.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...