Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Word for the Year: Joy


I wish I could say I was more deliberate in my efforts to live life to its fullest in 2013, but I fear that I dropped the ball with this goal. I found it tremendously difficult to be intentional when half of the year was spent living out of a suitcase. I hope that 2014, and future years, will find me living my life with more purpose.

In keeping with my tradition of writing down a word to represent the coming year, I have found myself gravitating toward the word "joy."
JOY is the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation.
Watching Jack have such pure, unadulterated joy over simple things like jumping in puddles; learning new words; or running as fast as his little legs will carry him; make me ache for more sheer joy in my own life.

I want to delight in my life; to feel satisfied and elated because it is a good life. I want to deliberately share this pleasure with people that I interact with on a daily basis. I want more than just muddling through when life gets hard. In 2014, whether it is embracing the mundane or celebrating holidays and life events with those I cherish, I want to focus on the joy of being alive.

May 2014 be a joyous year!
 
Words from previous years:
 Fortitude {2010} ~ Adaptation {2011} ~ Patience {2012} ~ Deliberate {2013}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...