Monday, January 11, 2016

Biscuit Love

When we first became parents, I read a lot about the importance of continuing to date your husband (even writing about it here). Weekly if possible. In theory, I think this is a fantastic idea, but our reality never seems to measure up to that standard.

 

Daniel and I have had plenty of time to date (10+years if you include our dating years), so we don't feel too guilty when current dates tend to lean more toward "family" dates. Part of that has been changing our expectations and being ok with this. More often than not our alone dates include a bowl of ice cream and Netflix. I think you just do what you have to do and don't get hung up on a date being leaving your house, without kids. I mean, we even took our kids on our recent 13th anniversary trip.


But if we have the opportunity to go out, sans kids, we try to jump on it. Holidays tend to work in our favor in this regard. Our family loves the chance to hang out with our boys and who are we to turn down free baby sitting?


Most recently we were able to sneak off on a brunch and furniture shopping date. We left our boys with Daniel's sister and headed out to grab breakfast for lunch (my fave). We had initially planned to go to The Pancake Pantry but the line was wrapped around the outside of the building (and it was raining). So instead we found ourselves wandering over to the Gulch for a little Biscuit Love.


Biscuit Love also had a wait, but if you were willing to sit at the bar (we were, we didn't have kids!), you could get in immediately.


According to Nashville Guru, The "East Nasty" and "Southern Benny" were the dishes to get. And they did not disappoint.


Getting away was just what we needed – uninterrupted conversation, followed by time browsing local stores for a new dining table that we are dreaming about.


Our next date may not happen until Easter (hopefully sooner), but until that time we savor these moments together and embrace the days that our dates involve our whole family or just the two of us, on the couch after our kids are in bed.

Biscuit Love Brunch Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...