Friday, December 08, 2017

Friend Friday: Christmas Cookie Party


Last year I thought it would be fun to have friends over to decorate Christmas cookies, and we had such a good time that I thought we should do it again.


This year we had a bigger group (6 families represented with 11 kids), but we followed the same plan as before:


Order pizza...


Make cookies...


Let the kids run around a little wild...


Decorate the cookies...


Drink lots of good coffee (mamas) and kids eat some of the cookies...


Then go home.


It's a great recipe for success if you're going to host a bunch of kids.


This year we had the bonus that it snowed!


It wasn't a big snow, but it was big enough that the local schools all closed early and the mamas at the party with kids at various schools had to scramble to leave early.


But even with the unexpected weather, I think we all had a fun time.


I look forward to more get-togethers like this and I'm so glad for the group of friends who are also choosing to homeschool that are willing to meet up and make days like this happen.


Note: I used the same recipe for sugar cookies as I did last year. It is perfect because the dough does not have to chill. When it felt too sticky, we just added more flour while we helped the kids roll out the dough and if it got too dry and crumbly, we added a little water. 



And if you've been following along, here are our previous Friend Friday adventures this school year:
August: Coolidge Park
September: Creative Discovery MuseumGreenway Farms PicnicChattanooga ZooBig Soddy Gulf
October: Reflection Riding Center (Monday Friend Day) ⎮ Charlotte's Web 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...